Skills & Abilities Required for a Career in Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is one of the most upcoming and sought after part of technology industry. It’s a branch of computer science that deals with intelligent machines. The core areas of Artificial Intelligence include programming computers for knowledge, reasoning, problem solving, perception, learning, planning, and ability to manipulate and move objects.
Working with Artificial Intelligence:
You need a very good problem solving skill and analytical thought process in order to plan your career around Artificial Intelligence. This field also demands you to stay up-to-date with the latest technological innovations, and retain skills to design, maintain and repair software programs and technology. As a student of AI, you would require to translate sophisticated technical information into commands or languages that others can understand in order to complete a task or solve a problem.
Computer science and maths form the backbone of Artificial Intelligence programs. A bachelor’s degree is required for entry level positions in good organizations. However, for acquiring a position in leadership, administration and supervision requires a Master’s or Doctoral Degrees. Here’s a list coursework involves study of
- Physics, Engineering & Robotics
- Computer Science, Programming Language & Coding
- Cognitive Science Theory
- Mathematics - Probability, Statistics, Algebra, Calculus, Logic & Algorithms
After completing higher education in Artificial Intelligence, you can get hired in a variety of set ups like private companies, public organizations, education, healthcare facilities, military and government agencies. Some job roles are so confidential and the level of the sensitivity of the information they work for is so high that you may need security clearance before getting hired. Examples of specific jobs held by AI professionals include:
- Computer Scientists & Computer Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers & Maintenance Technicians
- Developers & Software Analyst
- Surgical Technicians Working with Robotic Tools
- Medical Health Professionals Working with Prosthetics, Artificial Limbs, Vision Restoration, Hearing Aids
- Military and Aviation Technicians working with drones, and other AI Powered Armaments
- Digital Musicians, Entertainment Production Houses, Textile Manufacturers etc.
Artificial Intelligence is a concept that grew every day since 1950’s and it continues to advance and improve the quality of life all these days across multiple industries. Thus, Artificial Intelligence based machines are going to change the future drastically. If you have the penchant to translate digital information into meaningful human commands, a career in AI would be definitely sustaining and rewarding for you.